A botnet (a network of devices infected with malware) is used for DDoS attacks, spam, viruses and illegally obtaining users’ personal data. Unwanted activity gives providers a lot of trouble:
- hacking devices connected to the network
- network overload
- IP blocking.
Mini-Firewall as a Stingray Service Gateway option solves at least two problems
Preventing subscribers hacking on open ports which may be attacked.
Blocking harmful activity outgoing from a subscriber.
Complementing Stingray SG, BNG and CG-NAT by its own firewall allows to configure the traffic flow dynamically.
Results of BotNet preventing:
- reducing the load on the network and improving the quality of services for subscribers
- protecting provider’s reputation for various DDoS monitoring services.
The mini-FireWall and Quality of Experience module combined help to define:
- the attacking user
- the attacked user
- notifying the subscriber on suspicious actions.
Easy to configure
Easy to configure just 4 parameters:
- max_port - the port number, below which access is blocked
- port_holes - list of ports that are allowed to access bypassing the max_port limit
- out_port - list of ports to which outbound traffic is closed
- login - client account to which the settings apply.
DDoS and BotNet defence
The Firewall is necessary for network protecting from overloads and malware and for providing safe and stable performance. The built-in VAS Experts DPI brandmauer is able to determine:
- type of attack
- its source
- approximate number of attackers
- aim of the attack (specific client of the network, group of clients, provider’s equipment).