WiFi HotSpot Management
Benefits of our solution:
Configure easy and fast
Provide legal security
Secure the network from DDoS attacks
Redirect to customized Captive Portal
When a subscriber connects to Wi-Fi, the router sends a request to the DCHP server to obtain a new IP address.
The server returns the address data to the router and runs the shell-script, which activates the tariff with limited access and the Allow List. Also, it makes sense to include in the white list such resources as the Wi-Fi provider’s website.
After that, the user is redirected to the start page of the browser, where he has to authorize by phone number.
The web server receives a successful authorization response from the SMS gateway, removes the restrictions using the shell script, and redirects to the desired page.
Stingray SG provides the ability to authorize public Wi-Fi users by phone number.
This functionality helps to:
- implement Captive Portal and integration with SMS gateway
- restrict access by protocols and directions using the DPI technology
- log all the users’ actions
- filter the resources and websites by block and allow lists
- satisfy the requirements of the legislation.
Our Stingray Service Gateway solution could be installed on any equipment that the operator has. For the implementation of the solution the ISP also needs to have:
Equipment for Hotspot providing (switches, routers, Wi-Fi access points)
Service for SMS sending or calls making automatically
Additionally, the operator can implement the functions:
- Protection against DDoS attacks using TCP SYN Flood and Fragmented UDP Flood
- Clickstream and Full NetFlow collection for Quality of Experience module
- Insert advertising banners to monetize traffic.