Hotspot management with GUI
- Configure easy and fast
- Provide legal security
- Secure the network from DDoS attacks
- Redirect to customized Captive Portal
Stingray SG provides the ability to authorize public Wi-Fi users by phone number. This functionality helps to:
- implement Captive Portal and integration with SMS gateway;
- restrict access by protocols and directions using the DPI technology;
- log all the users actions;
- filter the resources and websites by black and white lists;
- satisfy the requirements of the legislation.
Additionally, the operator can implement the functions:
- protection against DDoS attacks using TCP SYN Flood and Fragmented UDP Flood;
- Clickstream and Full NetFlow collection for Quality of Experience module;
- Insert advertising banners to monetize traffic.
When a subscriber connects to Wi-Fi, the router sends a request to the DCHP server to obtain a new IP address. The server returns the address data to the router and runs the shell-script, which activates the tariff with limited access and the Allow List. It makes sense to include in the white list such resources as Wi-Fi provider’s website.
After that the user is redirected to the start page of the browser, where he has to authorize by phone number. The web server receives a successful authorization response from the SMS gateway, removes the restrictions using the shell-script and redirects to the desired page.